Want to Stay in the US? Transition from OPT to H-1B

When an international student’s optional practical training (OPT) begins to wind down, making the switch to an H-1B or Green Card is a common idea that comes up.

While it is possible to remain in the U.S. on the OPT program for several years, many people decide that a more permanent working situation within the United States could fit their goals better. In these cases, making the switch to an H-1B or a Green Card begins to make a lot of sense.

Read this article for detailed guidance on how to navigate this process, including the documents you’ll need, how to find employer sponsorship, and the fees you can expect along the way.

By Mary [uConnect]
Mary [uConnect]