McCormack Department of Sport Management Scholarships & Fellowships
McCormack Department of Sport Management Scholarships
- George and Sherry Dickerman Family Scholarship (Sport Management) – Deadline: 8/25/2022
- Stephen and Sandra Levy Scholarship (Sport Management) – Deadline: 8/25/2022
- 47 Brand Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Carney & Guo Internship Scholarship for International Students – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Harold J. VanderZwaag Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Leroy Mentor Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Marilyn and Richie Tannenbaum Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- McCormack Center Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Sport for Social Change Award – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Sport Management Alumni Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- The Nagurney Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
- Joan and Ed Barr Memorial Scholarship – Deadline: 11/5/2022
- McCormack Diversity Fund Scholarship – Deadline: 9/8/2022
McCormack Partnership Scholarships
- Hartford Yard Goats MiLB Diversity Scholarship – Learn more HERE! Open to rising seniors and rising juniors (current sophomores and juniors). In conjunction with an alum, MiLB, and the Hartford Yard Goats we have secured $5,000 in funding to provide a scholarship to a diverse student participating in the paid Summer Associates Program for the Hartford Yard Goats. Deadline to apply typically around early February.
- Navigate Sports and Entertainment– is looking to hire a Spring intern that is a hard worker with good communication skills. Short form writing skills/creativity are definitely a plus for this role. McCormack Scholarship Available – Application opens typically in early December and program start date is in January. Learn more about the role HERE. Navigate Intern Recruitment Survey – $5,000 McCormack Scholarship.
- Tokio-Marine HCC Internship Award – See details HERE. Award of $5,000 – Open for rising senior undergraduate or graduate students. Deadline to apply typically around mid-May.
- Oak View Group 360 Intern – Learn more HERE! Open to juniors, seniors, and grad students from an underrepresented group, $5000 McCormack scholarship for relocation, paid internship June 1-July 31, Deadline to apply typically end of April.
- 2022 MYAAC Award – The 2022 McCormack Young Alumni Advisory Council (MYAAC) – Seniors only! Applications are typically due early to mid-May. One graduating senior will be selected for the current MYAAC members based on their review of your application file. More details on the MYAAC award and committee in the PDF attached here. If interested, please email application materials to Marissa Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org. $2000 McCormack Scholarship.
- Isenberg / UMASS Conditional Application– Click here for a list of scholarships. It’s important that you submit both the UMass general application and the Isenberg conditional application to be eligible for scholarships through the Isenberg Scholarship Program. Please be sure to apply for scholarships early! Deadline to apply typically early September (previously been 9/8). If you have questions about the scholarship application, please contact Joy Jennings in the Development Office at email@example.com.
- McLendon Minority Postgraduate Scholarship – Learn more HERE! Applications open typically around end of February and deadline to apply typically around mid-March.
- Stadium Managers Association – Learn more HERE! Three scholarships available: Deadline to apply typically the end of April.
- The Ron Labinski SMA Foundation Sports Scholarship – 1 awarded each year
- Stadium Managers Association Foundation Scholarship – 2 awarded each year
- Basic application requirements include:
- Minimum 2 years of study in Sport Management, Venue Operations or similar
- Full-time status for the scholarship year (Fall 2022-Spring 2023)
- Actively engaged in community service
- Stadium related work experience
Non-McCormack Diversity Fellowships
- Excel Sports Management Fellowship Program – Learn more HERE! Fellowship starts June 1 – Deadline to apply typically around mid-end of March.
- 2022 Women in Sports Tech (WiST) Summer Fellowship Program– Learn more HERE! Applications open typically mid-December and close end of January.
- Tepper Sports & Entertainment – Minorities in Sports Post-Grad Fellowship -12-month, rotational program that will provide meaningful professional experiences across four departments: marketing, ticketing, digital and events providing a well-rounded experience so that the participant garners the understanding of what a career in each line of the business would entail. Deadline to apply typically around mid-February. Learn more and apply here!
- Tepper Sports & Entertainment – Women in Sports Post-Grad Fellowship – 12-month, rotational program that will provide meaningful professional experiences across four departments: marketing, ticketing, digital and events providing a well-rounded experience so that the participant garners the understanding of what a career in each line of the business would entail. Deadline to apply typically around mid-February. Learn more and apply here!
- MLB on Deck Diversity in Sales Program – Learn more and apply here! 8-week sales training program, Seeking college juniors/seniors! Deadline to apply typically end of April.
- MLB Diversity Fellowship Program – Learn more and apply here! Open to people of color and female candidates, must be a recent graduate with either a bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or another related advanced degree. Applications typically go live at the end of September and deadline is typically at the beginning of November.
- Carolina Panthers – 2022 Women in Sports Fellowship – Learn more HERE! Applications open typically mid may.
- 2022 Take the Lead Fellow – The Boston Red Sox in partnership with the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New England Revolution and Boston Pride created the Take the Lead Fellowship as part of a collaboration between the six teams to share community programs and initiatives that help foster greater racial diversity within their respective fan bases and front offices. More information and apply HERE for 2022-2023.