Student Spotlight: Gabrielle Romanelli, Accounting & Sport Management Double Major, ’22

Q: OUTSIDE OF CLASSES, WHAT CLUBS/ACTIVITIES ARE YOU INVOLVED IN HERE AT ISENBERG/UMASS?

A: I am currently the Co-director of Programming and Speaker Engagement for the McCormack Sport Leader Forum which will be held in late March. For the event, I focus on reaching out to potential speakers to offer a wide variety of insights and perspectives on the sport industry. I am also a Peer Mentor for the Intro to Sport Management course taught by Professor Must. Freshman year, I was a part of the Isenberg Fellows RAP which was a great way to meet people in Isenberg and learn about the different programs offered.

Q: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ISENBERG MEMORY THUS FAR?

A: I love all the different classes that I have been able to take, I’ve learned about such a wide variety of topics. The flexibility of my schedule allowed me to study abroad in Italy which was such an incredible experience.

Q: WHAT DID YOU DO THIS SUMMER?

A: This past summer, I interned for PwC as an External Auditor for their private practice.

Q: WHAT WAS YOUR PATH TO FINDING YOUR SUMMER INTERNSHIP AT PwC?

A: Isenberg was a huge part of my success with finding an internship for the summer. The accounting department offers so many opportunities to meet with and network with recruiters from various companies. They also assisted me in the application process and helped me prepare for the interviews. This was my first experience with virtual recruiting and I’m so grateful Isenberg made the transition easier.

Q: WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO PURSUE AFTER GRADUATION? HOW HAS THE CHASE CAREER CENTER HELPED YOU ALONG THE WAY?

A: After graduation, I will be returning to PwC full time to assist in their sport-related audits. I am so appreciative that I am able to combine accounting with my love of sport so early in my career. The chase career center helped me throughout the years with perfecting my resume and interviewing skills. They also played a large role in helping me find the path I wanted to be on.

Q: HOW DO YOU THINK YOUR OVERALL ISENBERG EXPERIENCE WILL BENEFIT YOU PROFESSIONALLY?

A: Isenberg contributed largely to my success. I developed into a professional through the help of different courses, professors, and resources such as the Chase Career Center. My networking and interviewing capabilities matured, and my business writing and resume skills evolved to better represent who I am.

Q: WHAT IS YOUR TOP NETWORKING TIP FOR CURRENT STUDENTS? 

A: My biggest advice would be to actually attend networking events set up by Isenberg. They are a great way to meet key people in the industry that could help kickstart your career.