- Activate your IConnect profile HERE!
- Career coaching and resume review: Chase Career Center, Pam Mathison works a lot with sport students. They also have Career Peers that are trained to help to expand their office hours.
- For in-depth cover letter or graduate school essay review: Business Communication Center. You can make an appointment here. They also have Peer Tutors that are trained to help to expand their office hours.
- Sport specific tactics come and see the Sport Career Peers.
- Popular Sport Job Boards HERE – Check out the most recent addition, National Research Group!
- How to set up your Teamwork Online profile HERE
- “How do I get an internship?” HERE – Check out the most recent addition, the Job & Internship Hunt/Networking Excel doc!
- Earning Credits for your Internship HERE
- McCormack Department of Sport Management Scholarships & Fellowships HERE
- Registration Help Document
- Overview of Course Elective Offerings
- Summer Offerings: SPRTMGT 280 – History of Baseball in America, SPRTMGT 231 – Leadership in Sport & Popular Culture, SPRTMGT 424 – Sport Finance, SCH-MGT 201 – Diversity & Inclusion in Business
- Getting Credit for an Internship Document
- Help Professor Must help you by understanding how you feel about ‘networking’ by answering this short survey
- Did you have an internship in Spring 2022/Summer 2022? Tell us about your experience HERE!
- Isenberg Undergraduate Student Advisory Council – Members collaborate with the dean and Isenberg leadership team in developing strategies to enhance the undergraduate experience and support our vision as a top business school. Complete THIS USAC self-nomination form by Friday, June 17, 2022
- Looking for housing in the Boston area for the summer during your internship? Great rates on an air-conditioned room, award-winning UMass Dining, free parking, free rec center, and more! Click HERE for more info on housing options at the Mount Ida Campus in Newton!
- Fall 2022 Wasserman Brands & Properties Internship – Application is live! Deadline to apply is June 16th. Apply via the link then let Prof. Must know you applied by filling out the form HERE by June 9th.
- Fall 2022 Laundry Service & Cycle Internship – Application is live! Deadline to apply is June 16th. Apply via the link then let Prof. Must know you applied by filling out the form HERE by June 9th
- 2022 U.S. Open Men’s Golf Championship at The Country Club (Brookline, MA) – June 13 – 19. Pay varies based on types of positions from $18 – $28 per hour. Info HERE.
- Delaware North is hiring – View open internships HERE. Professional stadiums and facilities all throughout the country, in all the functional areas! Especially great for double majors with Accounting, Finance, OIM!
- Elite Tournaments, June 2022 – Paid Student Worker Opportunity – June 23rd-26th, Sign up HERE! IWLCA New England Cup at UMass –Amherst this June.
- UMass Football Video Intern needed! For summer and fall of 2022 – More info HERE!
- The Strategic Agency – Account Executive. Grad students only. Details and apply here. Let Prof. Must know if you do. Applications are rolling so if interested apply ASAP.
- The Strategic Agency – Account Executive. Details and apply here. Let Prof. Must know if you do. Applications are rolling so if interested apply ASAP.
- CALL OUT: Check out the National Research Group job board HERE! Hiring multiple entry level roles!
- Delaware North is hiring – View open jobs HERE!
- Kroenke Sports & Entertainment – Denver Nuggets Youth Basketball Coach (Part-Time)
- Playbook Sports. We are a fast-growing saas company based in the New York/New Jersey area. Our mission is to enable sports business owners to grow and automate their businesses so they can expand the positive impact that they have in their communities. Hiring a Business Development Associate HERE.
New This Week
- USL League Office is Hiring! View all openings HERE. Let. Prof Must know if you apply.
- 2022 Take the Lead Fellow– The Boston Red Sox in partnership with the New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New England Revolution and Boston Pride created the Take the Lead Fellowship as part of a collaboration between the six teams to share community programs and initiatives that help foster greater racial diversity within their respective fan bases and front offices. More information and apply HERE for 2022-2023.
- Excel Sport Management – Marketing Assistant. See details and apply HERE. Then let Prof. Must know you applied by filling out the form HERE by June 9th
- NCAA Division III Ethnic Minorities and Women’s Post Graduate Internship. 2-year appointment. Details and apply here. Applications are rolling so if interested apply ASAP.
- UMASS Event and Facility Internship – START immediately, flexible schedule. Paid. See details and apply here.
- NESN – Sales Intern– Learn how the media side of the industry operates! See details and apply here.
- Kroenke Sports and Entertainment – NEW opportunities for Summer 2022 which can viewed here! In all of the following areas and plan to post a few more in the next couple of weeks as well:
- Venue Marketing Social Media Digital Design Human Resources
- Digital Analyst IT – Cloud Operations IT – Client Support Ticket Sales
- IT – Information Security IT – Networking Production Accounting
- Business Intelligence Marketing Communications Sponsorship
- United Soccer League Fall Internships are posted. Overview HERE. Apply HERE. Let Prof. Must know if you apply here. Interviews will happen June 13 – July 8 so apply early!
- NY Giants 50/50 Raffle Seller – This is a paid position selling 50/50 raffle tickets to benefit The Giants Foundation and its charitable activities. The ideal candidates are detail-oriented and have a strong passion for fan engagement, sales and community service. Details and Apply HERE.
- Fall 2022 Excel Sport Management Associate Program – paid, one-semester, hybrid opportunity that will begin on September 12th, 2022, and run through Mid-December. Application is live! Deadline to apply is July 15th. Apply via the link above then let Prof. Must know you applied by filling out the form HERE by July 14th
- CT Sports Management Group – Part Time Internship (September-December 2022) – Deadline to apply Sept 16th.
- Import Sports Management – Hockey Operations Intern (Hybrid) – Apply HERE! Deadline to apply Sept 1st.
- McCormack Department of Sport Management Scholarships & Fellowships HERE
- McCormack Sport Management 50th Anniversary Celebration – Volunteers needed for our department golf tournament and alumni celebration June 10-12. ON CAMPUS.
- Specific start and end date: Friday 6/10 at 6:00 pm – 10pm & Saturday 6/11 8:00 am- end of day & Sunday 6/12 from 8 am – 12:00noon. Responsibilities include: on-course activations, assisting with the auction, day of event staffing help, smiling, and other duties as assigned – benefits include resume point and networking with our amazing alums! To apply, send an email expressing interest to Professor Must: email@example.com
- Red Sox/FSM Career Informational zoom will be Wednesday, June 15th from 12-1 PM. Again, please feel free to share this link with anyone who has expressed interest in working within business operations.
- Meeting URL: https://redsox.zoom.us/j/93027995973?pwd=SHVKOW9SVlpMaDVDRWVPN2N2dmNOZz09
- Meeting ID: 930 2799 5973
- Passcode: 774188
Sport Club Meetings
- Women in Sport Management (WISM): TBD
- McCormack Strategy and Analytics (MSA): TBD
- Association of Diversity in Sport (ADS): TBD
- McCormack Student Leaders (MSL): TBD